How to Pass Bank Interviews. Bank jobs are currently among the most in-demand jobs in India. More than 20 lakh aspirants generally appear for exams conducted by IBPS, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), State Bank of India (SBI), and private banks(taken together). After passing your bank exam you need to go for an interview. Many students asked me “How to Prepare for Bank Interview”. Don’t worry we are here to help you, Do you want to pass the bank exam interview, then you just follow the Bank Exam Interview Tips Interview which are discussed below, then you will be surely succeed in your bank exam interview.
Bank Exam Interview Tips
In this article we are providing the information about Interview Tips for Bank Exams. So, just follow the following Tips to succeed in your Bank Job Interviews.
Do You Have Professional Knowledge ?
The main difference in selection process of PO & specialist officer is the test of specialized knowledge possessed by a candidate. The interview panel would test your skills in your chosen field & decide if you are suitable for that post.This is the reason for having professional knowledge as a separate paper in IBPS specialist officer common exam too.
Here are the positions & corresponding topics that you need to concentrate for interview:
- IT officer – Information technology (computer basics,hardware, server configuration, networking & security)
- Agriculture Field Officer – Agriculture (farming,soil types,crop varieties, cattle, fisheries etc.,)
- Marketing Officer – Sales & Marketing (market conditions, strategies, promotions, customer handling, banking products)
- HR Officer – Human Resources (employee relations,performance appraisal methods,behavioral techniques etc.,)
- Law Officer – Legal studies (banking, financial sector rules)
Since the interview panel will have atleast one specialist officer, you can expect more no. of questions related to the chosen post.
Do You Follow Current Affairs ?
You won’t be asked many questions about the latest events but it’s important to be prepared.It is always best to read English newspapers than regional ones, as you need to speak in English during the interview. Make a note of the important happenings during the past one month, see whichever is related to your field & read more on it.
You may also keep track of the daily news by visiting websites such as The Hindu, Economic times etc., but since there are many moving ads, you could be distracted.That is the reason why we suggest to refer the newspaper
Know about Banking Terms ?
Don’t attend the specialist officer interview without knowing anything about Indian banking scenario. The panel very well knows that everyone are from different fields & hence would test your banking awareness extensively. Some of the top questions are definition of words used in financial sector, RBI rates, abbreviations, account types, cheque, DD etc. Preparing for this question won’t be a problem for many since it was a paper in the online exam. So all you need to do is just brush it up again & look for any new terminologies while reading the news papers.
Can You Speak Clearly & Fluently ?
Yes. Can you speak clearly so that the interviewer can understand what you wish to say? If yes, then half of the battle is won because many candidates aren’t able to qualify in interviews due to their poor communication skills.
A candidate may have scored high marks in the common exam & could be strong in his field.But if he/ she is not able to put forward their answer in a clear manner, rejection shall be the only possible result.
Here are some tested methods that can help perfect your language:
- Be specific. An interview may last for approx. 10-15 mins only.In some cases, it could be even lesser.So cut short the explanations & answer to the point.
- Keep your language simple. You are not tested on your language but on your knowledge.So don’t waste time in searching for complex words to impress the panel.
- Don’t get nervous. Nervousness slows your thinking capacity, creates fear & pushes you to speak fast resulting in wrong answers.
That’s it guys…….. All the best.
We hope all these tips will be very much useful for the candidate who is going to face Bank Jib Interview. If you still have any doubts, don’t hesitate to ask us via comment box. Also Share this article to your friends.